Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold weather

We have been trapped in the house this week with sub zero temperatures. Today I broke us out of confinement and braved the negative temperatures to trade in shoes for Ryan and get us some food. Ryan was a hit at the grocery store and he seemed to not mind the shopping experience.

With the weather so cold, tummy time is out of the picture. Our floor can be drafty and not a place for a baby. Even the dogs take to the higher ground of beds, couches and chairs. Ryan does have good control of his head but more tummy time is in his future. Today he was very interested in doing pull ups. He sits on my stomach with his back resting on my knees(he is in the sitting position) and uses my fingers to pull himself up and away from my knees. He wanted to be sitting by himself or unsupported. It is a common occurance. He likes to look around.

I can not wait until spring. The chance to be outside, not have to worry about being bundled up all the time, did I say the chance to be outside? I can not wait to be walking around the neighborhood, using the park down the block, and getting some good vitamin D.

No comments: