Friday, January 2, 2009

Tiny Miracles

I am experiencing a tiny miracle. They have been popping up all over the place today. After having a fussy night last night and a rough morning, Ryan decided to nap in his car seat before we even made it to the car this morning. He continued to sleep at the meeting I attended. (he did wake up eventually, which is fine and good). But back to sleep he went, in the car seat, at the meeting after he ate! Amazing. After spending the day out, we arrived home and he ate and was sleeping in my arms as ususal. I got up to go and feed the dogs, Ryan woke, and I placed him in his bouncy seat, then continued to feed the dogs, when I went back to check on him (silence can be scary) he was fast asleep in his chair. This is going on right now. I am amazed and hoping by all hope that we have turned a corner and he may start to sleep by himself. I am also hoping that I do not jinx myself.

1 comment:

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wow, that's where Ethan made his first real progress sleeping...in the car seat. In fact, Bethany found that if she put him to bed in his car seat in his bed, he'd go to sleep. That led to a fairly easy transition to sleeping in his bed and he started sleeping through the night. That was around 3 months. But it started with him sleeping through a whole meeting she attended,--- in his car seat. Brighter days are ahead, and I can tell you're enjoying him. Hope you're staying warm, cause it's plenty cold here. Hi to the boys,...